Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Update

i'm still in this dreadful 'funk', but i've realized i need to write about it here and not just on my regular blog...

i know this an important part of the learning log - not just presenting exercise work - but trying to get to grips with what's going on inside...

i know i'm encountering Resistance and i know a part of why...

this art course is important to me - hell, any art is important to me - maybe too important, and i'm creating my own internal pressure.

i know i need to just relax, enjoy the experience, and work on the exercises as and when i can, but i just can't get back into it...

there are simply too many 'excuses' - my art desk's covered in 'stuff', i need to sort out my supplies and books, the kids were off for half term last week, i have no energy, the cold weather's playing havoc with my already tense muscles, and my tutor's had to leave...

...on and on...

BUT i have at least posted about it, and now i need to contact my new tutor and let him know i'm struggling...


2 comments:

  1. Hi Claire,

    I think that we all have that "block" sometimes - and you have so much more to contend with due to health. I find that the OCA way of setting out the module, though probably very logical, means that every time you come to the end of a section, there is a barrier you have to pass before moving on to the next (I'm at one now, but promised I will go upstairs and start the "texture" boxes this afternoon! I also have the "untidy desk" syndrome. Due to damp coming through the wall near the chimney in my art room, I had moved all my art equipment to the far corner for the builders - that was the end of September. I have had to climb over boxes to locate equipment I need since then. Just been told by the builders that they aren't doing the inside area for absolutely ages - so now got to move it all back again. Do I do that (sensible) or do I actually do my drawing (what I really should be doing)? I'm sure the tidying up can wait. I also notice on the right of this screen that my last blog entry was 6 days ago (an exhibition, not art work) - I have an excuse, been in Morocco, but still, better get on.
    Sorry you're tutor has changed, but hope it all works out with the next one.
    Now come on - children are back to school, yes it's windy, but at least the sun is shining (I live near Cambridge, so I'm sure your weather is the same, having seen on the OCA site where you live!) This is a virtual kick up the ....! We all need it sometimes!
    Best wishes, Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you overcame this art-block! And I'm wishing that you continue to create freely. Why not? Why not take any time you have and do just what you did today? Didn't it feel great? I'm cheering for you and hoping that your new tutor will know how to help you motivate yourself. {hugs}

    ReplyDelete